Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Psalm 36: Finding Holiness in God's Presence


Edward F. Lundwall Jr.

Psalm 36: Finding Holiness in God’s Presence

Theme Verses: An oracle within my heart concerning the transgression of the wicked: there is no fear of God before his eyes. How precious is your loving kindness, O God! Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of your wings. Psalm 36:1, 7 (NKJ)

O Father, how easy it is to meditate upon the transgressions of the wicked for the world is full of sinners. Every person is born with a sinful nature, that disease that bends them away from you. We all sin one way or another sometime in our lives and often compete with each in our transgressions. However, after we come to know you, the manifestation of your righteousness lifts us beyond the pettiness of our sinfulness. We can no longer simply see the evil that others perpetuate on us, nor feel justified to seek revenge with evil or self-righteous acts of our own.

Your holiness and judgment against wicked transgression is absolute. Therefore, when I would ponder others’ sin against me, I see both my sins and ability to sin are also condemned. Oh, I am blessed to wait upon you, for beyond your just condemnation of sin, I find your mercy, faithfulness, and righteousness give me hope and peace. For as I continue to know You, I find that your judgment, which we all fully deserve, have already fallen upon Jesus at Calvary. As I trust in this vision, I understand why you can have longsuffering and loving kindness towards sinners, both before and after the beginning of our faith t in you.

May we repent of our wickedness so that we can have the wetness of reconciliation and peace with You and may we trust you to keep us from the walking in pride and acting in evil! I need your protection because the wicked in reality focus their sinful rebellion against you, LORD, and the people who walk in faith. Help me to have compassion as I also see the devastation of their ways as they persist in resisting your grace and mercy through Jesus Christ.

I need this protection, because the wicked in reality focus their sinful rebellion against you, LORD. And as I stand with You the reproaches You receive also fall upon me. As I seek your protection from the transgressions of the wicked, help me to have compassion as I also see the devastation of their ways when they persist in resisting your mercies.

O let me be a shepherd,
Seeking your lost ones around,
Not only seeking the sheep,
Your care has never known,
But the wandering ones,
Who have wandered from your mercy’s well 
And know not your way back to pastures green,
To feel healing from the roaring lion’s claw,
In the arms of Him Who died,
And lives again to give them love.


Related reading:
Praying Psalm 1: The Way of the Righteous
Praying Psalm 2: Kiss the Son
Praying Psalm 3: God is My Shield
Praying Psalm 4: Let Me be Approved of Thee, O God
Praying Psalm 5: Renew a Right Spirit Within Me
Praying Psalm 6: When Weeping Leads to Victory
Praying Psalm 7: The Basis of Boldness
Praying Psalm 8: Worship in Admiration and Humility
Praying Psalm 9: Hope for the Oppressed
Praying Psalm 10: Deliverance from the Wicked
Praying Psalm 11: The Foundation of Life
Praying Psalm 12: Lamenting the Lack of Godliness
Praying Psalm 13: Faith's Triumph
Praying Psalm 14: Remembering We Are Sinners
Praying Psalm 15: Fellowship With God
Praying Psalm 16: God-Pleasing Godliness
Praying Psalm 17: Progression Sanctification
Praying Psalm 18: God's Power to Deliver
Praying Psalm 19: Witness for Worship
Praying Psalm 20: Personal and National Revival
Praying Psalm 21: Worship and Thanksgiving
Praying Psalm 22: The Hope of Christ - The Prophetic Vision
Praying Psalm 23: Daily Living with the Good Shepherd
Praying Psalm 24: Inspired by Creation, we worship the Creator
Praying Psalm 25: Lifting up one’s soul while waiting upon God
Praying Psalm 26: God's affirmation of the Accused
Praying Psalm 27: Waiting on the Lord
Praying Psalm 28: Desperately Seeking the Lord
Praying Psalm 29: God's Glory and Power Seen in Nature
Praying Psalm 30: A Disciple's Heart Desire
Praying Psalm 31: Humbly Waiting on God
Praying Psalm 32: The Beatitude of the Redeemed
Praying Psalm 33: A National Prayer for Revival
Praying Psalm 34: God Redeems
Praying Psalm 35: Friends and Foes

No comments:

Post a Comment