Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Psalm 27: Waiting on the Lord


Psalm 27

Key verse: Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: Wait, I say, on the Lord. (Ps. 27:14)

O LORD, I thank and praise you that you are a Father to me by faith in your Person and dependence upon your Son and his saving sacrifice on the cross (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). I worship you in the Spirit with no confidence in the flesh. Why would I want to remain in darkness when you are my Light? How can I be lost or suffer when you are my salvation?

LORD, let me seek and find your countenance of blessing by both dependence on and fellowship with you that your ultimate blessings, even in this life, may come upon me. I desire that men and angels may see that you are manifestly reward those who continue to fellowship with you and seek you with all their hearts, especially in the midst of life’s hardships.

Is it not your will to seek glory from those you have created and redeemed? Help me to continually recognize Your Spirit’s leading in my prayers that I may not fall into praying according to my own desires, but according to Your Spirit’s promptings. For my desire is as the Psalmist declares in verse 4: “One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple.” (KJV)

Help me daily find that secret place where you alone are my life’s portion so that I can rest secure from life’s storms and enemies’ eyes. As you teach me the paths of righteousness, honesty and faith, give me a patient heart to see the fruitfulness only you can bring. Strengthen me with a certain faith that my sowing in the realm of Your Spirit will produce harvest in my lifetime (Verse 8).

O LORD, let me dwell where you abide,
Let my hand be in yours,
That you may lead me into the pastures green,
And to the refreshing waters still,
Defend and restore my soul for Your Name’s sake!

Place Your Word in my mouth,
That when I speak overflowing praise,
Your Name exalted and glorified may be.
Fill me with Your Spirit that when others hear,
You will receive a hundred- fold harvest of glory!


Related reading: 
Praying Psalm 1: The Way of the Righteous
Praying Psalm 2: Kiss the Son
Praying Psalm 3: God is My Shield
Praying Psalm 4: Let Me be Approved of Thee, O God
Praying Psalm 5: Renew a Right Spirit Within Me
Praying Psalm 6: When Weeping Leads to Victory
Praying Psalm 7: The Basis of Boldness
Praying Psalm 8: Worship in Admiration and Humility
Praying Psalm 9: Hope for the Oppressed
Praying Psalm 10: Deliverance from the Wicked
Praying Psalm 11: The Foundation of Life
Praying Psalm 12: Lamenting the Lack of Godliness
Praying Psalm 13: Faith's Triumph
Praying Psalm 14: Remembering We Are Sinners
Praying Psalm 15: Fellowship With God
Praying Psalm 16: God-Pleasing Godliness
Praying Psalm 17: Progression Sanctification
Praying Psalm 18: God's Power to Deliver
Praying Psalm 19: Witness for Worship
Praying Psalm 20: Personal and National Revival
Praying Psalm 21: Worship and Thanksgiving
Praying Psalm 22: The Hope of Christ - The Prophetic Vision
Praying Psalm 23: Daily Living with the Good Shepherd
Praying Psalm 24: Inspired by Creation, we worship the Creator
Praying Psalm 25: Lifting up one’s soul while waiting upon God
Praying Psalm 26: God's affirmation of the Accused
Praying Psalm 28:Desperately Seeking the Lord

2 comments: