Search This Blog

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Praying Psalm 3


Edward F. Lundwall, Jr.


But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah. 
Psalm 3:3-4



Father, I thank and praise you for all the victories over the assaults of Satan and his instruments. Deliverance from evil stands accomplished by your decree! As David said, "For you have struck all my enemies on the cheek bone. . ." My spirit rejoices in Christ Jesus, his cancellation of my sin and its condemnation, along with the defeat of Satan, by his sacrificial death on the cross and his triumphant resurrection. For in Jesus, You have demonstrated your infinite power to save and sanctify. Truly, our only real progress is accomplished as we appropriate by faith and prayer what Christ has already accomplished.

O Father, when my earthly enemies, knowing and unknowing instruments of Satan, would assault me, grant to me as David, that I may rejoice in You, not trusting in human strength, but your deliverance alone. Then, help me to claim the infinite and eternal provisions in Christ so that every experience of temptation, tribulation, or trial shall be an opportunity to give honor to you and become a better reflection of your character.

In the midst of conflict, ever remind me of my littleness so I may experience the bigness of the unmerited favor which has been given me through Christ. Enable me to humble myself before your almighty authority. I trust in you Father-God alone, being one with Christ and the Holy Spirit, to deliver me from all evil.

Bless the Lord, O my soul!
Who is my life’s shield and strength!



No comments:

Post a Comment