Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Praying Psalm 32


Edward F. Lundwall Jr.

Psalm 32: The Beatitude of the Redeemed

Theme Verses:  Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputes not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit. Psalm 32:1-2


O Father, again I would thank you for the new heart and guileless spirit you have given me. By these undeserved gifts, your justification and righteousness find progressive harmony. What praise we must give you! During this process you give us the security of the sure mercies of David. I pray that others will recognize that the one so blessed must have a heart and spirit like David’s. What joy we experience when we give you a "spirit" in which there is no deceit. What foolishness to think that we can be "clever" with you, and/or manipulate you to achieve selfish purposes.

Enable me to fully share the blessedness of being honest inside. Help me to feel so secure in my relationship with you that I dare open myself up entirely before you. Help me to feel with my soul and spirit the greatness of a salvation in which Jesus washed away my sin with His precious blood! O what unspeakable blessedness it is to be in Him so that you no longer "impute (account) iniquity" to me! You are worthy of thanksgiving, praise and honor forever for making such salvation available to men with independent wills! For to us is given a new heart and mind that finds fulfillment in obeying, trusting and fellowsipping with you through your promises, your Word and the Spirit of Jesus!

I marvel that though you have given us this perfect, secure standing, you still chasten us and draw us back when we wander and sin. O Father, what a basis for hope in the time of our troubles. I humbly ask for your glory's sake by abiding in Christ, that I be enabled to be fruitful to fulfill the vision of making disciples which you have given me. To this end do I hope in you!

Related reading
Praying Psalm 1: The Way of the Righteous
Praying Psalm 2: Kiss the Son
Praying Psalm 3: God is My Shield
Praying Psalm 4: Let Me be Approved of Thee, O God
Praying Psalm 5: Renew a Right Spirit Within Me
Praying Psalm 6: When Weeping Leads to Victory
Praying Psalm 7: The Basis of Boldness
Praying Psalm 8: Worship in Admiration and Humility
Praying Psalm 9: Hope for the Oppressed
Praying Psalm 10: Deliverance from the Wicked
Praying Psalm 11: The Foundation of Life
Praying Psalm 12: Lamenting the Lack of Godliness
Praying Psalm 13: Faith's Triumph
Praying Psalm 14: Remembering We Are Sinners
Praying Psalm 15: Fellowship With God
Praying Psalm 16: God-Pleasing Godliness
Praying Psalm 17: Progression Sanctification
Praying Psalm 18: God's Power to Deliver
Praying Psalm 19: Witness for Worship
Praying Psalm 20: Personal and National Revival
Praying Psalm 21: Worship and Thanksgiving
Praying Psalm 22: The Hope of Christ - The Prophetic Vision
Praying Psalm 23: Daily Living with the Good Shepherd
Praying Psalm 24: Inspired by Creation, we worship the Creator
Praying Psalm 25: Lifting up one’s soul while waiting upon God
Praying Psalm 26: God's affirmation of the Accused
Praying Psalm 27: Waiting on the Lord
Praying Psalm 28: Desperately Seeking the Lord
Praying Psalm 29: God's Glory and Power Seen in Nature
Praying Psalm 30: A Disciple's Heart Desire
Praying Psalm 31: Humbly Waiting on God


No comments:

Post a Comment