Search This Blog

Friday, July 18, 2014

Praying Psalm 30

Edward F. Lundwall Jr.

Psalm 30
A Disciple’s Heart Desire


Key Verse: “I will extol thee, O LORD; for thou hast lifted me up…in his favor is life;
…weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.” (Verses 1a and 5b KJV)

O Father, I worship you this morning and poured out praise before you because of your salvation and deliverance from the dominion of sin. I thank you for giving me both the knowledge of you will and settings of my will to believe. I thank you for the joys of faith and obedience by depending upon you alone, especially in working your plan for my life to bless in the Servicemen’s Gospel Team ministry, the Poway church planting, evangelistic outreach, deliverances in the Army, and the transformation of individuals in my discipleship ministry.

O my Father, I desire so much to see the completion of my writings concerning discipleship and the blessings of your work through me. To this end I hope! To this end I seek you that my steps of faith will be completed in obeying you for the fruitful faith of people and churches! Does this not the fulfillment of your Son’s admonition to abide in Him and His Words, of being His disciple?

“Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; …so shall ye be my disciples” (John 15:8 KJV)

Related reading:
Praying Psalm 1: The Way of the Righteous
Praying Psalm 2: Kiss the Son
Praying Psalm 3: God is My Shield
Praying Psalm 4: Let Me be Approved of Thee, O God
Praying Psalm 5: Renew a Right Spirit Within Me
Praying Psalm 6: When Weeping Leads to Victory
Praying Psalm 7: The Basis of Boldness
Praying Psalm 8: Worship in Admiration and Humility
Praying Psalm 9: Hope for the Oppressed
Praying Psalm 10: Deliverance from the Wicked
Praying Psalm 11: The Foundation of Life
Praying Psalm 12: Lamenting the Lack of Godliness
Praying Psalm 13: Faith's Triumph
Praying Psalm 14: Remembering We Are Sinners
Praying Psalm 15: Fellowship With God
Praying Psalm 16: God-Pleasing Godliness
Praying Psalm 17: Progression Sanctification
Praying Psalm 18: God's Power to Deliver
Praying Psalm 19: Witness for Worship
Praying Psalm 20: Personal and National Revival
Praying Psalm 21: Worship and Thanksgiving
Praying Psalm 22: The Hope of Christ - The Prophetic Vision
Praying Psalm 23: Daily Living with the Good Shepherd Praying Psalm 24: Inspired by Creation, we worship the Creator
Praying Psalm 25: Lifting up one’s soul while waiting upon God
Praying Psalm 26: God's affirmation of the Accused
Praying Psalm 27: Waiting on the Lord
Praying Psalm 28: Desperately Seeking the Lord
Praying Psalm 29: God's Glory and Power Seen in Nature

No comments:

Post a Comment