Search This Blog

Monday, June 30, 2014

Desperately Seeking in Prayer


Edward F. Lundwall, Jr.

Desperately Seeking in Prayer: Praying Psalm 28


Ps. 28:1 Unto thee will I cry, O LORD my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit.  

Ps. 28: 6  Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications.

O my Lord, I cry to you in quiet desperation!  Time is going by so rapidly, and my efforts to disciple others is progressing so slowly that I feel as if I have been dragged into pit of the failure and non-accomplishment. I truly want to do what you have commanded with all authority in Heaven and on Earth. I beseech you! Must my cries be vocal? Your Word does say that you search the hearts of men, and before we utter a word you know our motives, thoughts, and words completely.

O my father, I thank and praise you for the knowledge you have already given me.  In teaching others Lord, teach me to express my thoughts simply so that they can understand quickly before they lose interest.  Help me to know how to express these thoughts at the moment that they will have the most impact.

O, My Shepherd Savior, teach me your character and your ways of shepherding that I might be a shepherding scribe.  O Lord Jesus, open doors of opportunity and enable me with the power of your Holy Spirit!  Bear fruit through me before both I and the people who so desperately need to become disciples pass from the scene.

Thank You, Lord, for those who are doing something.  It is a marvel of your grace!  Be gracious to me and mobilize me.  Then I shall be able to praise you for what you have completed through me and not simply for your blessings to others.

 I hope in your mercy and grace; I preach this to others that you may be glorified in them, a testimony of your grace that both saves and sanctifies when people can see your answers.  They cannot see my faith, nor be persuaded by my secret prayers.  Hear my heart cries for then I can testify to the world that you, Lord God, and only you are my strength and shield.       



Related reading: 

Praying Psalm 1: The Way of the Righteous
Praying Psalm 2: Kiss the Son
Praying Psalm 3: God is My Shield
Praying Psalm 4: Let Me be Approved of Thee, O God
Praying Psalm 5: Renew a Right Spirit Within Me
Praying Psalm 6: When Weeping Leads to Victory
Praying Psalm 7: The Basis of Boldness
Praying Psalm 8: Worship in Admiration and Humility
Praying Psalm 9: Hope for the Oppressed
Praying Psalm 10: Deliverance from the Wicked
Praying Psalm 11: The Foundation of Life
Praying Psalm 12: Lamenting the Lack of Godliness
Praying Psalm 13: Faith's Triumph
Praying Psalm 14: Remembering We Are Sinners
Praying Psalm 15: Fellowship With God
Praying Psalm 16: God-Pleasing Godliness
Praying Psalm 17: Progression Sanctification
Praying Psalm 18: God's Power to Deliver
Praying Psalm 19: Witness for Worship
Praying Psalm 20: Personal and National Revival
Praying Psalm 21: Worship and Thanksgiving
Praying Psalm 22: The Hope of Christ - The Prophetic Vision
Praying Psalm 23: Daily Living with the Good Shepherd
Praying Psalm 24: Inspired by Creation, we worship the Creator
Praying Psalm 25: Lifting up one’s soul while waiting upon God
Praying Psalm 26: God's affirmation of the Accused


No comments:

Post a Comment