Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Praying Psalm 26


Edward F. Lundwall Jr.


Psalm 26: God’s Affirmation of the Accused 

Key Verse: “But as for me, I will walk in mine integrity: 
redeem me, and be merciful unto me. (KJV) 


Father, I give thanks to you for the privilege of sharing the fellowship of Christ’s sufferings. For did not He suffer persecution when He walked in your ways and communicated them to others? So has it ever been, even from the days of Abel, that the disobedient persecute the righteous.

I would like to think of myself as Job of old and protest my blamelessness in the face of my accusers, but instead I must ask for your examination through your Spirit’s searching within me. For I am human and too often, I suffer with blind spots, even when I am most careful. I give thanks to you that you know the steps I take to be godly and to not identify myself with those who are ungodly enemies of yours. On the contrary, I gladly identify myself with you and your people.

Indeed, there is joy in seeking correction from Jesus Christ who died to cleanse me from sin. I praise you, Lord God, for not only the cleansing from sin, but the cleansing of my hands, feet and heart when I come humbly before you! However great the satisfaction is when you vindicate me in this life, in the end, it will be boundless joy to hear your voice say, “Well done, good and faithful servant! Enter into the joy of Your Lord!” Yet even this crowning reward of my life, I must lay at your feet, for all commendable about me has been resourced and inspired by your loving provision. All the honor, power, and glory that you may have graciously given me, I will joyously lay before you in worship.

Bless the LORD, O my soul, 
And all that is within me, 
Bless His Holy Name! 
And forget not all His benefits.


Related reading:

Introduction to Praying the Psalms
Praying Psalm 1: The Way of the Righteous
Praying Psalm 2: Kiss the Son
Praying Psalm 3: God is My Shield
Praying Psalm 4: Let Me be Approved of Thee, O God
Praying Psalm 5: Renew a Right Spirit Within Me
Praying Psalm 6: When Weeping Leads to Victory
Praying Psalm 7: The Basis of Boldness
Praying Psalm 8: Worship in Admiration and Humility
Praying Psalm 9: Hope for the Oppressed
Praying Psalm 10: Deliverance from the Wicked
Praying Psalm 11: The Foundation of Life
Praying Psalm 12: Lamenting the Lack of Godliness
Praying Psalm 13: Faith's Triumph
Praying Psalm 14: Remembering We Are Sinners
Praying Psalm 15: Fellowship With God
Praying Psalm 16: God-Pleasing Godliness
Praying Psalm 17: Progression Sanctification
Praying Psalm 18: God's Power to Deliver
Praying Psalm 19: Witness for Worship
Praying Psalm 20: Personal and National Revival
Praying Psalm 21: Worship and Thanksgiving
Praying Psalm 22: The Hope of Christ - The Prophetic Vision
Praying Psalm 23: Daily Living with the Good Shepherd
Praying Psalm 24: Inspired by Creation, we worship the Creator
Praying Psalm 25: Lifting up one’s soul while waiting upon God


No comments:

Post a Comment