Search This Blog

Friday, July 1, 2016

Psalm 48: The Disciple’s Stronghold



The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Key Verses:

God in her palaces, has made Himself known as a stronghold. Psalm 48:3

We have thought on Your lovingkindness, O God, in the midst of Your temple...  Psalm 48:9

For such is God, Our God forever and ever; He will guide us until death. Psalm 48:14


Our Father-God, the city of Jerusalem has been and still is the historic and geographic heart of our faith, but although You have done, are doing, and will do mighty things in that place, in itself, it is not holy. It is You who is Holy. You are our Fortified City, our Stronghold, because unlike the physical city, its politics, and its culture, your lovingkindness and sovereign wisdom is not subject to change or error. I can come to You and know that You love me; You know the answers to all my questions; I can trust You; and I can know that You will direct my life’s journey until You take me to be with you throughout eternity. All my thanks and praise are yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment