Search This Blog

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Praying Psalm 45: A Disciple in Love


Edward F. Lundwall, Jr.


Key Verses:

"You are fairer than the sons of men; Grace is poured upon Your lips! Therefore, God has blessed You forever." (Ps. 45:2 NASB)

“And in Your majesty ride on victoriously, For the cause of truth and meekness and righteousness; Let Your right hand teach You awesome things. (Ps. 45:4)

“You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;

Therefore, God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of joy above Your fellows.” (Ps. 45:7)

“Listen, O daughter, give attention and incline your ear: Forget your people and your father’s house; Then the King will desire your beauty, because He is your Lord, bow down to Him.” (Ps. 45:10,11)

“In place of your fathers will be your sons; You shall make them princes in all the earth. I will cause Your name to be remembered in all generations; the people will give You thanks forever and ever.” (Ps. 45:16,17)


Dear Lord, I am getting married! I am so excited! I love this unique friend and fellow disciple who you have brought into my life. I am looking forward to sharing and caring the rest of my life with person. Yet I know that I cannot do this unless You are my First Love, the King of my heart.

Let me walk with You so intimately that I reflect your truth, meekness, and righteousness to my mate. Give me strength me to stand against sin, and consistently express the joy of trusting and obeying you in all the challenges we will face together. Help me to place my sweetheart ahead of my original family, and faithfully desire and protect our relationship above all others.

Bless us with children, Lord, and equip us for ministry to them. Unite us in modeling and training our children to love you. Please grant that my marriage may result in gratitude and praise to You in the generations to come and into eternity. Lord, build us into a couple that is known by our love for You and others; may this world see us as “your people” until we rejoice together in your Presence.

Related reading: Greater Than Unconditional Love; Harmony in Christian Married Love; Loving for a Lifetime

No comments:

Post a Comment