Search This Blog

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Praying Psalm 47: The Disciple's King

 
 

“O clap your hands, all peoples;
Shout to God with the voice of joy.
For the Lord Most High is to be feared,
A great King over all the earth.” (Psalm 47: 1-2)

 
Father God, being under an absolute governing body, let alone, a single dictating governor is difficult. People yearn to have their way and work to do their own thing. Each seeks to do what he wants to do regardless of how it might affect him or others.

The by-words of our day are freedom, independence, individuality, and diversity. Yet, Lord, here am I desiring You to be the absolute ruler of my heart, my life, my sphere of influence, my country, my world.

I choose to honor and respect you; I seek to submit to your will and ways: I desire to joyously praise You in all my circumstances, and I want to trust you fully. Why? You are the Great Designer of all the earth and its people. You alone know the purposes for which I am best created. You are the Compassionate Redeemer of those who turn from sin to find a Savior. Only You are worthy to be exalted above all else that would demand my loyalty, including myself. Indeed, only You are my King! I believe that your Kingdom is eternal. Hallelujah!

Related reading: Praying Psalm 46: The Disciple's Refuge; Praying Psalm 45: A Disciple in Love; Praying Psalm 44: A Dependent Disciple; Praying Psalm 43: The Questioning Disciple; Praying Psalm 42: The Dry Disciple; Praying Psalm 41: The Sick Servant; Praying Psalm 40: The Sustained Servant; Praying Psalm 39: The Discouraged Disciple; Praying Psalm 38: The Suffering Sinner; Praying Psalm 37: Trust in the Lord
 

No comments:

Post a Comment