Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Praying Psalm 43: The Questioning Disciple


“Vindicate me, O God, and plead my case against an ungodly nation; O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man!” (Ps. 43:1 NASB)

“O send out Your light and Your truth; let them lead me; Let them bring me to Your holy hill, and to Your dwelling places.” (Verse 3)

“Why are you in despair, O my soul! And why are you disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God.” (Verse 5)


Lord God, I so dislike reading, watching, or listening to the news. The hatred, deceit, immorality, injustice, and violence that fills this world is so discouraging. I can’t help myself from asking where are You, and what are you doing about this? Forgive me, Lord, but I know you love me and I can ask you honest questions. You know that I love you, and I know that you love this world. Otherwise, why would you have sent Christ to die for the forgiveness of its sin? I am just feeling so oppressed by those that refuse to acknowledge You and your design for living peaceful fruitful lives: “And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength” and You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” (Mark 12:30-31 ESV)

Please, Lord, help me to see You in the midst of all of this, to understand your revealed truth in the Bible, and to be directed both in my emotions and my thoughts to trust, obey, and worship you more fully and practically in spite of what goes on around me. Only You are the Source of my help, hope, peace, and joy!


Related reading: Praying Psalm 42: The Dry DisciplePraying Psalm 41: The Sick Servant; Praying Psalm 40: The Sustained ServantPraying Psalm 39: The Discouraged Disciple; Praying Psalm 38: The Suffering SinnerPraying Psalm 37: Trust in the Lord


No comments:

Post a Comment