Search This Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Praying Psalm 38: The Suffering Sinner


Key Verses: “For I am ready to fall, and my sorrow is continually before me, for I confess my iniquity; I am full of anxiety because of my sin” (Verses 17-18 ESV).

“For I hope in You, O LORD; You will answer, O Lord my God” (Verse 15 ESV).

“Do not forsake me, O LORD; O my God, do not be far from me! Make haste to help me, O Lord, my salvation! “(Verses 21-22 ESV).


Lord, I deserve to be judged guilty of all and every sin. Even though I desire to know you and learn of you and follow your will and ways, I find myself fumbling and bumbling and falling short. My mind, will, emotions, and, yes, even my body responds to the consequences of my many faults, bad decisions, and actions that hurt others, as well as myself (v. 1-8) like a cancer that secretly grows until it brings death and sorrow.

You know me, Lord. You know my weaknesses and you know my enemies, those that come from within me and those that come from outside of myself. I lack the wisdom to recognize between them, and the strength to resist either of them. Hear my confession, Lord. I truly desire to turn my back on the pain and anxiety it brings, but only you can heal my heart and bring peace into my soul. I trust in the sacrifice of Christ to save from the sufferings my sin brings to me and those around me in the now and into all eternity. Indeed, “Make haste to help me, O Lord!” for only you are the only true Source of Salvation (vs. 13-22).

No comments:

Post a Comment