Search This Blog

Friday, January 29, 2016

Praying Psalm 41: The Sick Servant



“…You uphold me in my integrity, and You set me in Your presence forever. Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel, From everlasting to everlasting. Amen and Amen.” (Ps. 41:12-13 NASB)

Lord, I am blessed to know You and to have served You, God, but I feel awful today, inside and out. Physically, I am trusting that You will sustain me and heal me from this sickness, whatever it might be. (1-3)

Because I feel so terrible, I find myself thinking about my sin and the sins of others against me. Yes, I need healing of my soul, as well as my body. I know that I need your continual forgiveness for my own failures, but I also know that if I were to die, my enemies would not care, and might even celebrate my departure. Even close friends, ignore me and turn their backs on my needs. Yes, I am feeling rejected and neglected. (4-9)

Oh, Lord, give me grace to deal with this illness and these ill feelings. Raise my body in health and my soul to wholeness. Please take my focus off of myself and onto knowing and walking with You whether I am sick or well, now and in the future. Indeed, only You are worthy of all praise and honor forever! (10-13)

No comments:

Post a Comment