Search This Blog

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Praying Psalm 42: The Dry Disciple




Key Verses:

“As the deer pants for water brooks, So my soul pants for You, O God.” (Verse 1 NASB)

Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed with in me? Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him for the help of His presence.” (Verse 5)

“The Lord will command His lovingkindness in the daytime; And His song will be with me in the night, A prayer to the God of my life.” (Verse 8)

“Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God.” (Verse 11)


Dear Lord, I am so thirsty for you! Even in a crowd of believers worshipping you, I find myself longing for a closer, more intimate, relationship with You. For some reason I feel the gap between You and me has widened, yet I know that it is I that has moved away. You are always there for me. 

I remember times of sensing your power and presence all around me in the natural world, and in the human whirl of inner temptation to do wrong, and outer opposition to lose faith. Keep me singing your praises in spite of my feelings. Keep me conversing with You for my relationship with You alone is my living hope and help in this world and beyond. Only you can quench my thirst! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment