Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Praying Psalm 40: The Sustained Servant


Key Verses: 

“I waited patiently for the LORD and He inclined to me and hear my cry” (Verse 1 NASB).
“How blessed is the man who has made the LORD his trust, and has not turned to the proud, more to those who lapse into falsehood” (Verse 4).

“I delight to do your will, O my God; Your Law is within my heart” (Verse 8).

“I have proclaimed glad tidings of righteousness in the great congregation; Behold, I will not restrain my lips, O LORD, you know” (Verse 9).

“You, LORD will not withhold your compassion from me; your lovingkindness and your truth will continually preserve me” (Verses 11).

“Let all who seek You rejoice and be glad in You; Let those who love your salvation say continually, “’The LORD be magnified!”’ (Verse 16).


Lord, I am stuck in the limits of time, unlike you who are the boundless Creator of time, so I cannot put you on a schedule; instead I wait knowing you have met my needs in the past and you hear me in this present. What joy I have felt when I have trusted your guidance instead of those who think they know better than you, or who have drifted away from faith in your revealed words and wisdom found in the scriptures.

Even more, it has been an exciting privilege to share with others, how you show lovingkindness and truth to those who seek you! Yet, you are not finished. I know that you have more planned for me; I can expect to continue seeing you protect and guide me throughout my life in spite of my sometimes wavering faith and disobedience. Such an undeserved relationship with You is what motivates me to give You honor. Oh, that all disciples would enjoy You and shout, “The LORD be magnified!”



No comments:

Post a Comment