Search This Blog

Monday, January 20, 2014

Praise for God's Power to Deliver


Edward. F. Lundwall Jr.

Psalm 18

Praise for God's Power to Deliver 

Theme Verse:  "In my distress, I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God; 
He heard my voice out of his temple; 
My cry came before him, even into his ears" (Verse 6).


O Lord, by faith I praise you as David did in this Psalm. I believe you will prosper the hand of one who would seek and obey your commands (Matt 28:16-20) for they fear both you, and their own contrasting insignificance. Enable me to boldly step out, trusting in your enablement, even when faced by criticisms and oppositions from even those who name your Name, even those who are recognized as being successful in your work. Yet, LORD, remember that I am flesh! Empower me to overcome my own momentous weaknesses and failures, especially my lack of discipline, and, at times, trying to be a “He-man.” Empower me to not be driven to rely on my flesh because of my frustrations.

O Lord, I am getting older every day. How short time is for even the redeemed; we are but mortal men! Be the enemy of all barriers to my spiritual progress. Tear down all that do not build me up, nor contribute to my fruitfulness. Make haste, O Lord, to be my victory, so that you may be the object of outpouring praise! Increase my faith to abide in the Lord Jesus, my True Vine! In Jesus sacred Name and for His and Your sake among your people, I pray. Amen!

Be still O my soul,
And know that the LORD is on your side,
Be still O my soul, and remember He is God and Savior,
Be still O my soul, and see the deliverance of Your God!


No comments:

Post a Comment