Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2016

Praying Psalm 44: A Dependent Disciple



Edward F. Lundwall, Jr.

Key Verses:

For by their own sword they did not possess the land,
And their own arm did not save them,
But Your right hand and Your arms and the light of Your presence.
For You Favored them. (Verse 3 NASB)

For I will not trust in my bow,
Nor will my sword save me.
But You have saved us from our adversaries,
And You have put to shame those who hate us. (Verse 6-7)

Our heart has not turned back,
And out steps have not deviated from Your way;
Yet You have crushed us in a place of jackals,
And covered us with the shadow of death. (Verses 18-19)

Rise up, be our help. And redeem us for the sake of Your lovingkindness. (Verse 26)


Lord God, throughout history You revealed yourself in the lives of faithful and obedient people who aligned themselves with your will and ways. It was only by your intervention that Moses brought the people out of Egypt, that Joshua felled the walls of Jericho, and Daniel escaped the lions’ den. I need a repeat of this kind of help!

I am surrounded by people and situations that seek to destroy my faith, frighten my heart, and harm my body. They even threaten my life. I simply do not have the strength or resources to defend myself, or take up the challenges they bring, but You do. Only your intervention and deliverance can provide what I need in the face of opposition.

We only suffer without Your power and presence behind us, within us, and before us. Rise up, Lord, and be our help in the midst of our troubles; take back, restore, and enable us for the sake of Your character, for You are Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment