Search This Blog

Friday, January 10, 2014

Psalm 16: A Picture of God-Pleasing Godliness


Edward F. Lundwall Jr.

Psalm 16: A Messianic Psalm

Theme Verse: “I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand,
I shall not be moved.” Psalm 16:8
       

Father, I thank and praise you for this Psalm of David, because in it I see the essential elements of full fellowship with you (verse 11). Here you give a prophetic picture of the coming of your Son and my Savior (verse 10). Is this not true godliness? Is not true godliness the showing forth of Christ and His character in my faith life?

Help me to ever be as David is here. For herein is true joy and pleasure found in "the path of life," the life-style you direct. Ever remind me that to be godly, I must find my basic security in you by faith's trust for preservation and the acceptance of your sovereign lordship in every circumstance.

I thank you for this basic heart attitude; it makes identifying with your godly people in separation from the ungodly rebels come as natural as breathing. For the heart which sees his righteousness coming short of your standard, finds it essential to trust you for your gift of righteousness in Christ! This faith perspective "fences me in" to your fellowship and provision. Where else can I go, if I really believe these things? What peace, joy, and guidance shine into my heart as I would, as David, "…set the LORD always before me;" ever You, O Great Three in One! Therefore, I can have the confidence that the grave is not the end. For you have promised me since Christ overcame death, being raised from the dead, so shall I and all those who are in Him be resurrected with bodies like unto His glorified body.

“Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me; bless his holy name.”
Psalm 103:1


No comments:

Post a Comment