Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Remembering We are Sinners


Edward F. Lundwall, Jr.

Psalm 14 

Remembering we are Sinners 


Theme Verse: “’The fool has said in his heart, ‘"There is no God."’ 
They are corrupt; they have done abominable works; 
They’re none who does good…“(Verse 14) 


Dear Father, how easy it is to forget that, in ourselves, in our flesh, we are but sinners. In the busy activity of doing spiritual and orthodox religious things, we too often become self righteous and condemning. We forget that we were and still are sinners in our natural lives. We ignore that what righteousness we have is a gift from you through faith in the Person and work of your Son, the Lord Jesus Christ alone. We avoid focusing on the fact that we stand as righteous before you only through faith in Him. Please, stop us, Lord. Help us to continue to experience righteousness in our conduct by faith's dependence upon Your Spirit's work in us and not by our own strength, or good intentions.

Father, I thank you for the places in Your Word that remind me all men are sinners. Help me to remember my spiritual frame of reference…that you alone are the Righteous Judge. Even though the punishment of my sins is forever past as your child, yet if I neglect to remind myself daily to walk in the Spirit by faith, my flesh can deceive me into being just like the fool that lives as if you do not exist and others are not important. This happens when I say of my occasional sins, "The Lord didn't see it!" Open my heart to receive your chastening either in my spirit or in the reproofs of life from you loving hand, and thus renew my faith walk with you.

Help me to remember, that I am like an unsaved sinner when I do not periodically throughout the day, seek your fellowship, or when I do not seek to see the why of my disappointments by searching Your Word through study, meditation, and prayer. Help me thereby to understand your frame of reference in every circumstance, rejoicing in your salvation and the hope of future blessings you have promised.

"Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.” Psalm 103:2


No comments:

Post a Comment