Search This Blog

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Continuing Fellowship with God


Edward F. Lundwall Jr.


Psalm 15: Continuing Fellowship with God 

Theme Verse: “O LORD, Who shall sojourn in your test?
….In whose eyes a vile person is despised…who honors those that fear the LORD.
He that swears to his own hurt, and does not change (Verse 1, 4)”


O Father, I praise and thank you for your Word and how it so simply expresses profound truth. Father, I thank you for the key to understanding spiritual things---meditation, thinking upon your Word until you open our understanding so we know how to apply its lessons ( Psalm 1). The Lord Jesus required it of the multitudes as they listened to His parables. For me, to be right with you and have fellowship with You, I must absorb your character. This can only happen as I meditate upon Your Word to learn of your character as I fellowship with you in the Spirit. For Your Word everywhere teaches that what we meditate upon and who we harmonize our thoughts with will indeed shape our character.

Father, you teach me in this Psalm that the reality of my fellowship with you will continue as long as your Word and Spirit control my character. Spending time with you, I will begin to reflect you. As I begin to mirror you, my relationships with others will show your love. As the Apostle writes, if I really know you as love, I will love others also (John 1). If I am overcome by your righteousness, I will develop righteous relationships with others.

O Father, I thank and praise you for this certainty you care and desire an interactive relationship, true fellowship, with me. Empower me to bring every thought into obedience to what you are as expressed in Christ (2 Corinthians 10:4, 5). O how great life can be as I abide in you by expressing your reality in righteousness, love, and grace to others. May I always make sure that your hand is upon mine as I touch other peoples' lives for Jesus sake!



No comments:

Post a Comment