Search This Blog

Monday, November 25, 2013

Psalm 11: The Foundation of Life


Edward F. Lundwall Jr.

Psalm 11
The Foundation of Life

Theme Verse: “If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?” (Verse 3)


Father, I thank and praise you that in times of temptation and persecution from the enemy, you are my sufficiency! As the Psalmist, at times, I feel like hunted bird upon my nest. If I try to fly to safety, the wicked will use my attempt as an opportunity to destroy me. As one has said, "I'm dead if I don't (i.e. try to escape), and I'm dead if I do (i.e. try to escape)." So where can I go but to you? How great you are! You are the source of all Truth and Righteousness. In your wisdom and power, you use even the unbelieving rebellious to accomplish your purposes, forcing me to remember and refocus on you and the "foundations" upon which my life is built. For, if truth and righteousness are destroyed within me, there is nothing that can deliver me from evil.

All men everywhere must learn that although you grant them the freedom to choose, you are the One with whom they must answer for the final consequences of their choices. You are the righteous Judge of all men and exercise it through the person of your Son, Jesus the Christ. Faith in you forms a fundamental difference between the struggles of those who accept you and those who reject you. You try me as a believer to refine me, but you judge the willful wicked for destruction.

Therefore, I fix my heart upon you through the person and work of your only begotten Son. Upon this foundation of righteousness, you will deliver me. For even if the wicked should kill me, you have conquered death through victorious resurrection the Lord Jesus Christ. Even if I wear a martyr’s crown, I will trust you as my security, the righteous Judge of all the earth, having the power to deliver me in accordance to your loving plan for me. Indeed, you are Truth and Righteousness, the Foundation of Life (2 Corinthians 5:21).

“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me.” (Psalm 23:4)


No comments:

Post a Comment