Search This Blog

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Ps. 10: Deliverance from the Wicked


Edward F. Lundwall, Jr.


Psalm 10
Deliverance from the Wicked


Theme Verse: Thou hast seen it; for thou beholdest mischief and spite, to requite it with thy hand: the poor committeth himself unto thee; thou art the helper of the fatherless. (Verse 14)

Father, you have instructed me to be thankful for all things. This is most difficult at times, as the Psalmist meditates upon the wicked and their oppressions upon your people when they are weak. Yet, even in this, You have designed ways in which my life can be enriched. One of the afflictions of the rich and the wicked is they lose the enjoyment of their abundant benefits. For in their abundance, they often lose their sense of what is of true value.

Herein, the godly can be blessed in spite of the afflictions they endure from the wicked. For we appreciate the peace and hope you give, against the background of trouble, even from the abuse from the wicked. Within the context of your love and provision, I can sing your praises in the midst of persecution. For by faith, I see you in Heaven interceding for me. Your grace surpasses any crime and abuse from the wicked. Oh, Lord, thank you!

Lord, I also pray for your ministers of justice; enable them to protect us from the criminals and deceivers all around us. Thank you for the righteous judges, attorneys, and officials that administer right decisions and appropriate sentences in our courts. Lord, I give you special thanks for them.
Help me to fulfill the calling that you have given me while I await the blessed day when ". . . the man of the earth may oppress no more." Deliver me from contributing to the progress of wickedness by a lack of being your "salt of the Earth." Enable me to resist its progress with renewed commitment to spreading the good news redemption and sanctification through Jesus Christ. Strengthen me with power in my inner man to this end, even this very day for Jesus' sake.



No comments:

Post a Comment