Search This Blog

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Praying through Hebrews: The Design of Discipleship


Hebrews 4:12-13

“For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.”

Holy Father-God, when reading the Holy Bible, I am forced to face the real condition of my identity, my thinking, my emotions focus, and my lifestyle. It reveals whether I am resting in Holy Spirit’s ability to empower me to be more like Jesus Christ in all that I am, say or do, or if I am relying on my own self-centered, flesh oriented reasoning to determine what I should do and how I should do it. It is the Great Surgeon’s piercing knife that dissects the anatomy of who I am, how I think and feel, and how I live; your Word is a camera that projects my lifestyle on a screen for those around me to see, and always to the audience of the One who created me to view. Because You discern all, Lord, I must let your written Word judge, instruct, and adjust my ways; it must be the script, your design, by which I live now and through eternity.

I thank and praise you for “expressing Yourself” in a way that I can understand. First, by becoming one of us in your Son Jesus Christ who lived out your plan of salvation so that I could come to know you and make you known. Secondly. I thank and praise you for your written Word inspired by your Holy Spirit to give us all what we need for the practical living out of our faith relationship with you. Please enable me to intentionally allow your Word to become my the standard and guide, so that I might bring glory and honor to your name!

No comments:

Post a Comment