Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Praying Psalm 39: The Discouraged Disciple


Key Verses: “I was mute and silent, I refrained even from good, and my sorrow grew worse” (Verse 2 ESV).

“And now, Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in You. Deliver me from all my transgressions;

Make me not the reproach of the foolish” (Verses 7-8 ESV).

“Hear my prayer, O Lord, and give ear to my cry. Do not be silent at my tears: For I am a stranger with You, a sojourner like all my fathers” (Verse 12 ESV).


Lord, I have kept silent in the face of the wickedness that surrounds me and I have allowed myself to become so discouraged that I even have stopped doing what I know is good. Forgive me, Lord: I cannot go on like this. I feel like I am wasting this life you have given me. I know that extent of my days here are limited, and I find myself asking, “Why am I here, Lord?” (Verses 1-6)

I know that my only hope is in your unlimited and unconditional love because I have fallen short of honoring you and your ways. I have not responded either in words and actions when you have tried to train me in the difficulties and temptations that challenge me in this world; I know they come so that I will seek you more intensely and lean on you more intimately. (Verses 7-11)

Forgive me, Lord for not seeking and maintaining my relationship with you. Renew and restore to me the favor of your presence here in this life. Let me experience a glimpse in my short lifetime, the joy of walking with you in eternity. (Verses 12-13)



No comments:

Post a Comment