Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Faith Facing Death


From a dear friend---

She took joy in teaching God's Word, so I am including her message to me as she senses death stealing into her cancer ridden body. This was perhaps her last lesson---rejoicing in the midst of the last process. May it bring blessing and reassurance that there can be joy in the face of death since it is the entering of eternity to live with our Lord Jesus Christ in His glory forever.

“Hey, Ed... I thought I'd better give you an update on my health. I have been getting steadily weaker this past couple of weeks, and can barely get up and walk across a room without having to sit down and rest for a few minutes, and it's getting harder and harder for me to breathe I suspect that my body is beginning to shut down and I think my time is getting very short. I just have no strength or energy at all. I'm going home soon, Brother! Glory Hallelujah!”


"Thou wilt make known to me
the path of life
In Thy presence 
there is fullness of joy.’
In thy right hand
there are pleasures forever."

Psalm 16:11


What a tremendous message of faith! My wish is that we all can have such peace and joy when we know we are getting ready to leave this life. It is a wonderful modern illustration of 2 Timothy 1:12, “For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.”


Related reading: How Faith Overcomes

No comments:

Post a Comment