Search This Blog

Saturday, May 8, 2021

Responding to Jesus' Authority

 

Edward F. Lundwall, Jr.


The Marine drill instructor repeatedly said: "I don't hear you!"

The trainees responded with louder voices. Military training teaches us to respond appropriately to authority.

How does that work for soldiers of Jesus Christ?

His followers hear and recognize His voice. To them He promises: “...I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.” (John 10:27, 28)

They take up the cross and follow where He leads. They comprize the Church Militant.

They put on the armour of God. Ephesians 6:11: "Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."

At the end of their days on earth, they are assured by His words: "Well done, good and faithful servant," which is Jesus' gracious acknowledgement: “I heard you! You followed as my disciple!”


No comments:

Post a Comment