Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Praying Hebrews 6:12-15


Edward F. Lundwall, Jr.

“. .so that you will not be sluggish, but imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises. For when God made the promise to Abraham, since He could swear by no one greater, He swore by Himself, saying, " I WILL SURELY BLESS YOU AND I WILL SURELY MULTIPLY YOU." And so, having patiently waited, he obtained the promise.” Heb. 6:12-15


Lord, there is great peace in believing You according to your self revelation.I enjoy gazing upon Your marvelous creation. In the starry heavens of heavens so vast that even the orbiting Hubble telescope cannot see its limits. Yet, your Word tells me that the heavens of heavens cannot contain You.

I contemplate the marvelous organization of the smallest things You have created. I wonder why it is so difficult for men made in Your image let You fill their hearts and minds To those who reject the answer is sin. But to those as weak and frail as Abraham and I, You swear by Yourself to fulfill your precious promises.

Oh, how much You want all to be persuaded, believe, and respond in faith. Isn't that why you wrote about your eternal power and divine nature in the order of creation (Roman 1;20)? You want us to be assured our Your Presence. to be confident that You are true, faithful and able.

Lord, I believe, but help me in regard too my unbelief. Help me to let your voice echo though the halls of Heaven, the expanse of the stars, and the eons of eternity. As You swore by yourself to fulfill your promises in Christ, may I share in those promises. So shall my life forever be changed into Christ’s likeness, and all my being be a symphony of praise, joy, and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment