Search This Blog

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Hebrews 3:The Builder and the Building


Edward F. Lundwall, Jr.

Key Verses: “He was faithful to Him who appointed Him, as Moses also was in all His house. For He has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses, by just so much as the builder of the house has more honor than the house. For every house is built by someone, but the builder of all things is God. Now Moses was faithful in all His house as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken later; but Christ was faithful as a Son over His house — whose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence and the boast of our hope firm until the end” (Hebrews 3:2-6).


Thank you, Lord, for this picture of Christ. By comparing him to Moses, the founding prophet, priest, and governing ruler of Israel, I see Him more clearly. While Abraham honored you with his trust in you in the face of human impossibilities, Moses was your instrument to fulfill the promise of developing Abraham and Sara, a barren married couple, into your earthly nation, Israel. Moses’ faithful obedience made them an identifiable nation in the sight of the world.

However, Lord, you remind us here that the builder is more worthy than the tools he uses. Moses was a tool in your hands, but You, Father God, are the real Builder of a nation composed of those with the saving faith of Abraham worldwide, both Jew and Gentile. Besides this such amazing event, Jesus, called Emmanuel meaning “God with us” (Isaiah 9:14; Matthew 1:22-23), your expression of yourself in human form, is to be honored far above Moses.

Today I praise You for the insight into Jesus as both the Builder and the Building. Indeed, the history of your love and faithfulness to your promises to Abraham, Moses, and me, only build the confidence I have in You and Him for being such almighty God and Savior. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your building, the Lord Jesus’ house, the universal church, the body of people who will populate heaven. I humbly acknowledge that I am only a small member of this multitude, and that only through my faith in Christ. I rely on Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection, and continuing intercession to remain a part of His household. I am fully persuaded that He will finish what He has begun in me for Your and His glory. Sustain me for I have no other strength, but through your ever-present Holy Spirit. Oh, Lord, I commit the keeping of my soul to You as my faithful Creator and Redeemer.



No comments:

Post a Comment