Search This Blog

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Dwight L. Moody on Discipleship



Dwight L. Moody (1837-1899)


"A rule I have had for years is: to treat the Lord Jesus Christ as a personal friend. His is not a creed, a mere doctrine, but it is He Himself we have."

"We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won't need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don't fire cannons to call attention to their shining - they just shine."

"Church attendance is as vital to a disciple as a transfusion of rich, healthy blood to a sick man."

"There are many of us that are willing to do great things for the Lord, but few of us are willing to do little things."

"We can stand affliction better than prosperity, for in prosperity we forget God."

"God doesn't seek for golden vessel, and does not ask for silver ones, but He must have clean ones."

"Obedience means marching right on whether we feel like it or not. Many times we go against our feelings. Faith is one thing, feeling is another. Prayer does not mean that I am to bring God down to my thoughts and my purposes, and bend his government according to my foolish, silly, and sometimes sinful notions. Prayer means that I am to be raised up into feeling, into union and design with him; that I am to enter into his counsel and carry out his purpose fully."

No comments:

Post a Comment