Search This Blog

Friday, November 27, 2015

Who Am I in Christ? (Part 2)




Edward F. Lundwall.Jr.


Who am I when I receive Christ?

I am one who "puts on" Christ's righteousness.

In baptism, I am one who dies in Christ and rises in Christ.

Receiving Christ, I also receive spiritual authority and sonship.

“But as many as received him, to them gave he power [authority] to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:” John 1:12

I am the recipient of God's gift of eternal life.

“And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.  He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.” 1 John 5:11– 13

In Jesus Christ, I am blessed "with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places." (Ephesians 1:3)

I am being transformed into the Christ's image.

"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.” 2 Corinthians 3:16-18


Related reading: On Holy Baptism and Discipleship; Who Am I in Christ? (Part 1) 

No comments:

Post a Comment